Hello everyone! I wanted to take an opportunity to provide some updates regarding the goings on at the Forest Park Bruin Bands.
Winter Guard and Indoor Drumline:
- Auditions for both the Forest Park Winter Guard and Woodbridge Combined Indoor Drumline are this week!
- Winter Guard Auditions are Tuesday (Nov. 15) and Thursday (Nov. 17) from 6:30-8:30. Auditions will be at Forest Park in the auxiliary gym, but please arrive early enough to collect equipment from the guard closet in the band room. Ms. C.L. will want to utilize as much time as possible during that two-hour window.
- Indoor Drumline auditions are Monday (Nov. 14), Tuesday (Nov. 15), and Wednesday (Nov. 16) from 5:00-8:00 at Woodbridge High School. Meet in the music hall (next to where the interest meeting was) and please make sure you arrive early enough to set up equipment for the evening. Veterans of the ensemble will be able to show you where things are and where/how to set up.
Forest Park Symphony:
- Mr. P has begun rehearsals for the Forest Park Symphony! If you are interested in participating, make sure you check in with him.
All-County/District Band Auditions:
- All-County Band Auditions are Wednesday, November 30th. Registration is from 5:00 pm-6:00 pm at Gar-Field High School.
- If selected for the event, the rehearsals will take place January 5th (evening), 6th (all day), and 7th (all day) at Unity Reed High School.
- All-District Band Auditions are Saturday, December 10th. Registration is from 8:00 am-10:00 am at Manassas Park High School.
- If selected for the event, the rehearsals will take place February 2nd (evening), 3rd (all day), and 4th (all day) at Gainesville High School.
- Students who would like help preparing for the audition should come to Audition Boot Camp on Tuesday, November 29th after school until 4:00.
Winter Band Concert:
- The Forest Park Winter Band Concert will be on December 7 at 7:00 pm. Students should report to Forest Park no later than 6:30 pm to get ready and finish any final preparations.
Upcycled Uniform Fundraiser:
- The first round of orders for the upcycled uniform fundraiser will close on November 27th. This will hopefully allow time for orders to be made and shipped/picked up. It is our goal to have all orders from this first round completed by winter break (Friday, December 16th).
- If there is still demand for products (or if anyone is interested in purchasing a uniform jacket, hat, and plume as is, then we will be opening the form back up for additional orders after the new year has begun. Stay tuned!
Marching Band may be over, but we are still busy as ever here at the Forest Park Bruin Bands! Please reach out to Mr. Ro if you have any questions regarding anything here on this post!